With Election Day on Tuesday, voting has begun in Pittsfield. The Eagle sent all candidates a questionnaire about their positions, priorities and qualifications. Their responses have been edited for length and clarity, presented in ballot order by constituency.
The partnership between the Chamber of Commerce and Town Hall is crucial as the tourism destination focuses on outdoor recreation as well as culture, dining and shopping.
"Weird Al" Yankovic has been making a habit of reporting on the scene from Williamstown. His latest topic: Crosswalk etiquette.
The chair of the Select Board and the president of the Stockbridge Bowl Association dispute an assertion that the association and the town are not cooperating on a chemical treatment to attack the lake’s weed infestation.
With dispatcher pay starting at less than $15 per hour — a rate city officials say is lower than other Berkshire city and towns — North Adams is struggling to keep dispatchers.
The PBS series “Great Performances,” airing Friday night, was filmed at the historic Lenox manor house last winter, depicting the composer’s apparition “analyzed” by the ghost of Sigmund Freud through a mix of music, theatrical storytelling and documentary elements.
TODAY'S TOP HEADLINES
- Papa Gino's ends 47 years of pizza-making in Pittsfield
- Former exec says Berkshire Health Systems fired him for voicing concerns about billing practices
- Pittsfield superintendent alerts families about social media threat
- Just one suitor answered North Adams' call to breathe new life into the Mohawk Theater. It's a familiar name
- Court date for Balderdash Cellars lawsuit set for January
- 6 important questions for Pittsfield City Council candidates about housing, policing, taxes
- Lenox Police chief talks impact of new rules for part-time officers
- Watching Game 1 of the World Series? Look behind home plate for Williamstown native umpiring
- 18-month sentence given for assaulting, stealing from elderly woman at Harry's Supermarket
- Bonus pay for pandemic's low-income workers? It's in the House plan to spend $3.65 billion in federal aid
- Photos: Berkshire County Girls Basketball Hall of Fame induction ceremony
- Days Gone By: St. Joseph's Central High School in Pittsfield
- Photos: Monument Mountain volleyball beats Commerce in Western Mass. quarterfinal
- Photos: Painting a mural on drab Rt. 8 retaining wall in Cheshire
- Photos: Wet October Weather
- Photos: Hundreds of people attend haunted hayride in Clarksburg
- Photos: Monument Mountain and Lenox Memorial crew team
- Photos: Mount Greylock girls soccer beats Westfield Tech 7-0 in Western Mass. quarterfinals
- Photos: Drury girls soccer beats Smith Vocational 8-0 in Western Mass. quarterfinal
- Days Gone By: Images of Mohawk Theater in North Adams
NORTH ADAMS — Both my mom and her sister believed in the supernatural, as it relates to ghosts. They were also both very devout Catholics.
RICHMOND — For politicians, it means one thing. For baseball fans, another. And for the city of Buffalo, yet another.
Unfortunately for Red Sox fans, Boston is no longer in the running to hoist the World Series trophy this year. Baseball fans in the Berkshires…
The new law requires schools with a majority of low-income students to enroll in free breakfast and lunch federal programs, helping 10,000 children who otherwise might have their education stymied by hunger.
The president of a Massachusetts trucking company is pleading guilty Tuesday to federal charges related to a 2019 crash that killed seven motorcycle riders in New Hampshire and injured a Dalton man, Joshua Morin.
Tumbling COVID-19 case counts have some schools around the U.S. considering relaxing their mask rules, but deaths nationally have been ticking…
BOSTON (AP) — Officials in Boston are beginning to clear a sprawling homeless camp, citing a crisis of opioid addiction there.
Elder Services of Berkshire County will be hosting virtual Medicare seminars at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 3, and noon Tuesday, Nov. 16, via Zoom.
One of the more unexpected pasta dishes I first ate during that semester abroad in Rome was pasta with a walnut sauce. Although there are versions that make a walnut cream sauce, I prefer to make a ricotta-based recipe, which I find a bit easier. The most common shape for this is casarecce, but any medium pasta shape will work, such as shells or penne.
Two in-person benefit screenings of "Speak What You Feel," a full-length documentary about Shakespeare & Company's Fall Festival of Shakespeare education program will be held 2 p.m. and 7 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 6 in the Tina Packer Playhouse.
NatureWatch columnist Thom Smith answers readers questions about jumping worms.
In my mind, this is a time of year for observation and decision-making. As to observation, it would seem that the flowering season is over; ye…
I thought it would be fun to use the color most affiliated with Halloween as a guide for this week’s recipe. Salmon is often referred to as a pink fish, but usually it falls into the orange category.
If the MIAA's 16-team high school state playoffs were to start this weekend, not only would Wahconah and Hoosac Valley have home field for the…
GREAT BARRINGTON — Staring at a tied opening set more than halfway through, Monument Mountain caught a groove behind Ella Saupe’s service and …
PITTSFIELD — Goals were hard to come by for Pittsfield and Chicopee Comp on Tuesday afternoon, as the Generals and Colts played to 1-1 tie.
The Western Mass. tournament got underway for volleyball on Tuesday. In Williamstown, Mount Greylock ran through Mount Everett into a semifinal round. Meanwhile, on the road at Ware, Lenox pulled the upset to set up a rematch with Lee on Thursday in the semifinals.