Expected snowfall totals from an intense storm vary greatly, ranging from 3 inches in South Berkshire’s lower elevations to 8 inches or more in North County and the hill towns.
Shire Donuts' home made donuts have been such a hit in Adams that owners Heather and Jeff King are now planning to open a second store in Dalton.
A freight rail company “has agreed” for Amtrak to operate New York City-to-Pittsfield passenger service on its tracks, but Amtrak has not yet agreed to those terms.
The bitter cold weather in the Berkshires on Saturday is expected to lead to snow Sunday night.
High-voltage opposition to a potential low-power cell antenna atop the downtown Curtis housing complex put the proposal on hold pending an analysis and a detailed plan to update wireless tech issues in the town.
BECKET — Smoke swirled in the frigid air Saturday afternoon as a structure fire destroyed a two-story single-family home on Quarry Road, according to Fire Chief Paul Mikaniewicz.
TODAY'S TOP HEADLINES
- Shire Donuts plans to open second store in Dalton
- An acclaimed restaurateur and chef files a permit to reinvent The Williamsville Inn in West Stockbridge
- Meet the nurse helping North Adams Public Schools weather omicron
- Fire destroys house in Becket
- Railroad OKs New York City-to-Pittsfield passenger service this summer
- Amtrak notes progress in talks but has yet to reach a final agreement on NYC-Pittsfield passenger service
- Berkshire County towns and cities declare snow emergencies ahead of weekend storm
- Members of a famous music school were airlifted out of Afghanistan. The coordination effort took place in Otis
- Developer misses deadlines to complete Great Barrington ballfield, pay off brownfields money
- Allen Harris: 'My customers love me,' and other lies business owners tell themselves
- Photos: Berkshire Grown's Great Barrington Winter Farmers Market at the Housy Dome in Housatonic
- Photos: 2022 Taconic Invitational high school wrestling tournament
- Photos: See how North Adams School District nurse Amanda Davis organizes schools' COVID response
- Days Gone By: Images of the Jug End Resort from The Eagle's Archives
- Photos: Pittsfield vs. Wahconah Swimming
- 10 slowcooker recipes for cold nights
- Photos: Wahconah ice hockey shuts out Easthampton
- Photos: Wahconah boys basketball hosts South Hadley
- In remembrance: A look back at the Berkshirites we lost in 2021
- Photos: DARE boutique wine and provisions shop open in Lenox
For members of the baby boom generation, the notion of DIY just wasn't a thing. And for those who lack any of the required skills, it's a good thing.
These are dangerous days for our democracy. The surviving family of Martin Luther King Jr. recognizes that. Several members of the King family…
PITTSFIELD — Sam Jones died recently. Only old basketball fans like me will recognize his name.
Both globally and domestically, the box office was much stronger in 2021 than 2020, with “Spider-Man: No Way Home” being the first film to ear…
WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal prosecutors are recommending dropping charges against a Massachusetts Institute of Technology professor who was accu…
The new advisory commission created to help the state meet its carbon reduction requirements by shifting to cleaner buildings and addressing heating fuels that contribute to emissions was sworn in Wednesday and will begin gathering public input on the transition in March.
BOSTON (AP) — Navient, a major student loan collecting company, agreed to cancel $1.7 billion in debt owed by more than 66,000 borrowers acros…
Microsoft said Thursday it is opening an inquiry into how it responds to workplace sexual harassment and gender discrimination, including its …
A spaghetti dinner benefiting the Stephentown Volunteer Fire Department will be served from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 22, at the Stephentown Fire Hall.
Investigating a serial killer became "a serial obsession" for Josh Hallmark, the host of True Crime Bullsh** and a North Adams resident.
At the start of the new year, there are a ton of books out there to help start and guide you on your journey. Here are three recently released books aimed at helping you create a "healthier you" by encouraging acts of gratitude, self-healing and self-care.
At the Williams College Museum of Art, the exhibit "Repro Japan: Technologies of Popular Visual Culture" examines how the rise of visual culture, mass produced and consumed en masse, during Japan's Edo period has and continues to influence its popular visual culture, from manga and anime to cosplay and subcultural fashion.
In their first appearance at Dewey Hall as the duo Eloise & Co., accordionist Rachel Bell and fiddler Becky Tracy, on Saturday, Jan. 22, will perform a spirited blend of dance music anchored in the French balfolk tradition, mixed with contemporary compositions informed by historic airs.
It was a sweep in Maine for 22nd-ranked Williams. The Eph men beat Colby 74-58 Saturday afternoon, after defeating Bowdoin Friday.
The Williams College men's hockey team gave up two goals in the third period and dropped a 3-0 decision Saturday to second-ranked SUNY Geneseo.
PITTSFIELD — Jackie Roccabruna, Kiera Devine and Emily Bradford were worth their weight in gold on Friday night.