Jennifer Macksey and Lynette Bond were the top two vote-getters in Tuesday's preliminary mayoral election and will go head to head in the Nov. 2 general election.
Get to know the four North Adams mayoral candidates who are on the preliminary election ballot Tuesday.
In the 45th edition of The Josh Billings RunAground, Allen Heights Veterinary foursome might have come up a bit short in an effort to break a …
Veteran triathlete Janda Ricci-Munn won the Ironman competition at the 45th Josh Billings RunAground, and was second overall in the triathlon.
Most Popular this Week
- Man with history of arson arrested after another fire at White Terrace complex
- Pittsfield man wins $1 million lottery prize
- Two people seriously wounded in Tyler Street stabbings; Pittsfield man facing charges
- The Big E is back! Here's a quick reference guide to the Eastern States Exposition fair
- This pastor drove 5,200 miles to lead the only church of its kind in the Berkshires
- 'Not where we want to be': Another COVID death reported in Pittsfield over weekend
- Arson suspect believed to have set both White Terrace fires, police say
- On Tuesday, 4 North Adams mayoral candidates will be narrowed to 2 before historic vote in November
- Record-setting day for champions Allen Heights Veterinary and Ironman Janda Ricci-Munn in the Josh Billings RunAground
- End of an era: Harry's Supermarket is sold, but will stay the same
- Photos: A look back at some of Pittsfield's department and grocery stores that are no longer open
- Days Gone By: Images of Berkshire County football teams and cheerleaders from The Eagle's Archives
- Photos: 2021 Josh Billings
- Photos: 3M Scott Firefighter Combat Challenge at Berkshire Crossing in Pittsfield
- Photos: A look back at Josh Billings RunAground races from 2013 to 2019
- Photos: Burbank park dog park.
- Photos: Hoosac plays Taconic
- Photos: 2021 Relay for Life
- Pittsfield vs. Amherst Football
- Photos: An early fall day at Lakeview Orchard
Opening arguments and testimony Tuesday in the stabbing trial of Anthony D. Chambers, the first criminal prosecution to be tried before a jury in Berkshire Superior Court during the pandemic.
Innovating for inclusion is among the themes of this year's Berkshire Innovation Summit, a two-day event to be presented in a hybrid format on Zoom and in-person at the Berkshire Innovation Center.
“I think I’ve come to believe that even if the COVID death toll was 10 times what it currently is,” MSNBC host Chris Hayes wrote a few days ag…
During a recent visit to Vermont, baking lessons and glassblowing demonstrations provide window into fine craftsmanship.
WILLIAMSTOWN — One of the best teachers I ever had never stood before a chalkboard, turned in a list of grades, filled out a hall pass or conf…
BOSTON (AP) — A 17-year-old girl attending a private party at an upscale Boston hotel last February was shot in the head and killed when she “…
BOSTON (AP) — Former Fall River Mayor Jasiel Correia gets 6 years in prison in corruption case after judge tosses some fraud counts.
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — The state medical examiner's office has identified a man whose remains were discovered more than a decade ago in norther…
The West Stockbridge Historical Society's annual fall history walk and the second concert in its jazz series will take place Saturday, Sept. 25.
With sweater-weather just around the corner and seasonal squashes filling the shelves of local farmers markets, I'm giving myself permission t…
The colored lights begin spinning early and never stop in director-choreographer Robin Campbell’s deliciously entertaining production of "The World Goes 'Round," a revue of the songs of John Kander and Fred Ebb, that is playing in rotating repertory with "Beehive" through Oct. 3 at the Mac-Haydn Theatre.
Festival Latino of the Berkshires will celebrate its 25th anniversary live and in person, noon to 6 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 25, at the the Town Hall Green Park and Saint James Place, with a variety of dance demonstrations, activities and Latin American cuisine choices.
In the 1800s, public mourning rather than private grieving was a way of life. Victorian social etiquette laid down strict social rules for mourning, from the clothing worn to the length of time individuals observed mourning customs. An exhibit, "Lifting the Veil: Mourning in the Berkshires" by the Berkshire County Historical Society at Arrowhead, examines mourning practices in the Berkshires.
I took the month of August off before upping the hours at my part-time job, And I have to be honest, I was bored out of my mind! What do retired people do all day? Daytime TV really stinks and reading all day was great, but not as fulfilling as working eight hours a day and chatting with my coworkers. And housework isn’t high on my list of priorities.
I started watching foodie videos on Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
It's not easy operating an independently owner pharmacy anymore given the current business climate, but Flynn's Pharmacy and Home Medical Equipment in Pittsfield has beaten the odds, having been in operation since 1951. The pharmacy's current owners, Chris Flynn and Thomas Flynn IV, tell us how this week in Executive Spotlight.
It has been a bumpy week for stocks, and it could get worse if you believe the headlines of the financial press. The issue I see is that just about everyone is expecting a nasty period ahead for equities. That makes me somewhat bullish.
The Mount Everett girls maintained the ball for most of the match, topping Lee 2-0 in Sheffield on Tuesday:
That was where I had my first real Josh Billings RunAground moment. An Ironman competitor and I were the only ones at Mah-Kee-Nac approaching 6 a.m., and we stood in silence for a stretch, watching the fog rise with the sun off a calm-as-glass Stockbridge Bowl. It was just a fleeting moment, amidst a day of controlled chaos that didn't end until after Mac Jones and the Patriots had milked out the clock on a win over the Jets and my seven-month-old son and I drove around south Berkshire County collecting equipment in the twilight.
PITTSFIELD — Playing at Berkshire Hills Country Club, Hoosac Valley's Ian Cappiello and Jackson Molleur of host club Taconic, shot matching 44…