The City Council voted 6-4 to ask Mayor Linda Tyer to increase the amount of free cash that will be directed towards reducing the tax rate next fiscal year in recognition of the lean economic times facing most city residents.
Gov. Charlie Baker on Friday vetoed a bill making immigrants without legal status eligible to seek state-issued driver’s licenses, saying the Registry of Motor Vehicles, an agency that he oversees, doesn’t have the ability to verify the identities of potential applicants.
Potential storms should end before dusk on Saturday, with ideal, refreshing air taking over for Sunday and Monday.
A missing man, a burning car, a search for a body. What happened to Carlos Reyes? His brother says the family is also searching for clues.
Lenox Memorial has joined the five-year program offering a deep dive into workplace preparation and internship opportunities in high-demand fields like health care, hospitality and business/finance.
TODAY'S TOP HEADLINES
- Vermont residents purchase two prime North Street properties
- Luis Delvalle-Rodriguez found guilty in October Mountain shooting of Nick Carnevale; second defendant acquitted
- A driving lesson in North Adams cemetery ends in toppled headstones
- Four NY residents were arrested after one allegedly stole money from a Great Barrington bank. Other sites also may have been hit
- Pittsfield police seek public's help finding missing 15-year-old girl
- How a cozy hideaway on Cheshire Reservoir became a costly headache for National Grid
- Fate of man who shot Nick Carnevale, and a co-defendant, now rests with the jury
- A Monument high school graduate has died of an injury he received in South Carolina in 2000. What happened remains a mystery
- Mitchell Chapman: Where have all the Uber and Lyfts gone in Berkshire County?
- 'If my kids hear guns, they know what to do.' Pittsfield residents describe what's it's like to live in a city with 13 shootings in four months
- Photos: Lenox High School prom 2022 at The Mount
- Photos: Wilco's Solid Sound Festival in North Adams 2022
- Photos: Today in History for May 25
- Photos: Lenox hosts Mount Greylock in Western Mass Girls Tennis semifinals
- Photos: Mount Everett Regional School Junior and Senior prom 2022 at Crissey Farm in Great Barrington
- Photos: October Mountain verdict in the trial of Luis Delvalle-Rodriguez and Christopher Frazier
- Photos: Hoosac Valley softball beats Ware in quarterfinals
- Photos: Mount Greylock summit roads open for season
- Photos: Today in History for May 27
- Photos: SculptureNow exhibit opens at The Mount in Lenox
Celebrate the Class of 2022
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II turned 96 on April 21. Because of the English weather, King George II created the “official” birthday as June 2…
Gun violence is a problem that happens to have some specific solutions — some better than others but all worth considering. Here are 21 of them.
What will a nation do after it sees nearly two-dozen of its citizens, mostly children, killed in their classrooms by a hail of gunfire?
The glorious month of May arrives. As the sun warms our land, leaves unfurl, flowers bloom and the landscape becomes a canvas of pale green le…
MEDFORD, Mass. (AP) — A 35-year-old employee of utility National Grid died at the hospital after he was electrocuted at a work site in Massach…
Gov. Charlie Baker hopes to sign a bill outlawing revenge porn in his final year in office. The House is poised to vote on a bill that differs from his version.
Attorney General Maura Healey is joining the nationwide tsunami of lawsuits against companies that manufacture ubiquitous forever chemicals co…
Music at the Southfield Church opens its sixth season of music with guitarist Jon Suters at 7 p.m. Saturday, June 4, at Southfield Church, 234 Norfolk Road, in Southfield Village.
On its surface, Arlene Hutton’s gentle, unassuming play, “Last Train to Nibroc,” is a boy-meets-girl love story that begins on a crowded train in the winter of 1940 and ends in the spring of 1943 on a porch in rural Kentucky. Simple … and, at the same time, as complex as the lives of Hutton’s characters, May and Raleigh, played by Elisheva Novella and Clayton Rardon in director Sky Vogel’s earnest, if less than fully satisfying production at Ghent Playhouse.
Four artists and the Real Eyes Gallery have partnered to raise funds for the Lousion House.
GREAT BARRINGTON — Berkshire resident Alison Larkin was in her 50s and an empty-nest single mother of two when she met Bhima, an accomplished …
On Saturday, May 28, the Lucky 5 will perform at Spencertown Academy as part of the Roots and Shoots Concerts Series.
A successful yard sale involves hours of preparation and plenty of hard work. If you're ready to take advantage of warmer weather and the opportunity to declutter, consider these tips for having a successful sale.
Shannon Meisberger has finally won a Pac-12 championship in the 400-meter hurdles. The former Lenox High School star is now fighting for an NCAA Division I crown, with the West quarterfinals on Saturday in Arkansas.
The annual Stockbridge Bowl Fishing Derby took place last Saturday. According to coordinator Tim Minkler, it was rain-free and nice and warm (…
It was a pitcher’s duel until it wasn’t, as Wahconah racked up nine runs in a home win over Easthampton in the Class B semifinals on Thursday.
The Eagles were locked in a tight one at Granby, before the Rams pulled away late and eliminated Mount Everett 16-2.