Project Paycheck: Here are early comments we’ve been getting from readers — you know, people who are experts, writ small, in how the pandemic has affected their lives and jobs.
The Berkshire Eagle's recap on key COVID-19 data for Berkshire County and the state.
PITTSFIELD — A city man is headed to jail for six months for assaulting a resident at a Richmond home for the intellectually disabled.
A midmorning fire sent black smoke billowing into the air and destroyed several rooms in a Dalton house, but the inhabitants – and their cat – made it out safely.
Berkshire County has almost twice as many cases as last Thanksgiving, but vaccines are keeping hospitalizations and deaths down
Retired folk singer-songwriter Arlo Guthrie is getting married again, but not before he celebrates a quiet Thanksgiving in Washington.
TODAY'S TOP HEADLINES
- Love in the Berkshires: Arlo Guthrie celebrates Thanksgiving in Washington with his 'bride-to-be'
- The season's first snowfall could dump several inches in parts of the Berkshires
- A Thanksgiving fire damaged a home in Dalton, but the residents got out safely
- W.E.B. Du Bois' only grandchild, Yolande Du Bois Irvin, dies at 89
- The good and bad news about COVID-19 in the Berkshires, compared to last Thanksgiving
- 50 years later, fans still listening to Arlo Guthrie's 'Alice's Restaurant Massacree'
- With the $1.2 trillion federal infrastructure bill done, what's next for east-west rail in Massachusetts and the Berkshires?
- 12 residents of St. Joseph's shelter test positive for COVID-19. Most are vaccinated and asymptomatic
- Pittsfield man with child pornography record arrested on similar charges after Google tip
- Are bowling lanes up your alley? Cove in Great Barrington to be offered at foreclosure auction
- Photos: Thanksgiving meals for the community from The Christian Center in Pittsfield
- Photos: Paddy's Pub
- Photos: North Adams Christmas Tree Lighting
- PHOTOS: Take a tour of Winterlights at Naumkeag
- Days Gone By: Images from the Flood of 1927
- Photos: Annie Selke Companies donation to Habitat for Humanity
- Photos: UMass men's basketball downs UMass Lowell 92-81 in Amherst
- Photos: All Saints Church prepares Thanksgiving meals
- Photos: Today in History for Nov. 26
- Photos: Williams College men host MCLA basketball
A blatant electronic intrusion requires a firm set of precautions to enhance security while preserving legitimate participation.
At this Thanksgiving season, when we gather to celebrate a heartwarming but largely fictional tale about Pilgrims dining with Native Americans…
As his first year in office comes to a close, an ambitious new president is on the decline. His legislative agenda has stalled in a fractious …
Night owls should take a page out of Irving Berlin's playbook — let the world adjust to their schedule.
NANTUCKET, Mass. (AP) — President Joe Biden appeared on the loose Friday in Nantucket.
FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) — A former Massachusetts mayor convicted of extorting recreational marijuana businesses will be allowed to enjoy the ho…
BOSTON (AP) — Middle and high school students in Massachusetts would learn about the history of genocide and human rights issues under a bill …
Members of the Wahconah Regional High School Class of 1962 recently gathered at the school for a farewell photo prior to the demolition of the school building.
Arts and Culture
If you weren't able to visit one of USA Today's 10 Best Public Holiday Lights Displays of 2020, you still have time to get tickets to see Winterlights at Naumkeag. But you'll have to hurry, tickets are almost sold out.
A look at what's coming to cinemas this holiday season.
Anne Thompson will lead a tour of her "Trail Signs" at The Clark on Dec. 5.
Of the many dozens of bird books that I have read, skimmed, purchased or borrowed over 60 or so years, no one has inspired me more than Peter Cavanagh and his "100 Flying Birds."
Ghent Playhouse returns after a long, pandemic-forced shutdown, with its traditional panto production.
BENNINGTON, Vt. — Dr. Allison Niemi, a family medicine physician, has joined Southwestern Vermont Medical Center’s Pownal campus and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Putnam Physicians. She had served as a family medicine physician at Shaftsbury Medical Associates in Shaftsbury, Vt., for the past 17 years.
Do you need a college football team to root for? Eagle sports columnist Howard Herman has the perfect team — the Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks.
The Wahconah football team is hard at work this weekend preparing for Wednesday's state championship game. The Eagle caught up with four of the Warriors seniors to get a little more backstory on how this program earned the chance to compete at Gillette Stadium for the ultimate prize.
After a 9-0 season, it seems fitting that Williams College put nine players on the All-NESCAC First Team, led by Offensive Player of the Year quarterback Bobby Maimaron. Coach Mark Raymond was also named Coach of the Year for the second time in five seasons.
Pat Duquette's UMass Lowell basketball team gave UMass all it could handle, but the Minutemen came away with a 92-81 win Wednesday night.