A bone-chilling outbreak of Arctic air straight from northern Canada will blast into the Berkshires after dark on Thursday, prompting government forecasters to issue a wind chill alert for the region from late Thursday night through Saturday afternoon.
The big game is coming up fast and we're already planning our snacks and appetizers selection. No matter what happens on the field, there can only be one winner at the party: Who has the best wings in Berkshire County?
After responding to a serious incident on West Street in which a 30-year-old woman and her 3-year-old daughter were hit by a car, Pittsfield first responders were called to another two accidents in which juvenile pedestrians were hit Monday night.
Town leaders are considering bylaws to increase affordable housing and give current residents new options for rental income.
In a recent email, Superintendent Jake McCandless had good news for the Mount Greylock Regional School District. “Absences from school and the prevalence of COVID-19 within our school community have declined this week, which is wonderful!”
The board allocated $535,000 toward other town projects.
TODAY'S TOP HEADLINES
- Hot Plate Brewery starts pouring brews on Thursday. Here's an inside look at downtown Pittsfield's newest addition
- State police tactical team searches New Marlborough home in 'ongoing investigation'
- Who has the best chicken wings in the Berkshires? You tell us!
- House of Seasoning in Pittsfield submits a second liquor license application to the state, after a citizenship snag
- The Pittsfield School Committee has unanimously approved Taconic High School's transition to a vocational education
- A high-end Pittsfield auto dealer wants to move to Lenox. Will town officials approve the multimillion-dollar project?
- A final showing: North Adams Movieplex 8 closes its doors
- Pedestrian suffers serious injuries after being hit by a vehicle in Pittsfield
- Expanding broadband and passenger rail service are top on Berkshire lawmakers to-do list this legislative session
- Great Barrington has a new breakfast spot, Three Sisters Harvest Cafe, offering 'good food for a good price'
- PHOTOS: Take a look in and around the site of an illegal Berkshires cannabis grow
- Photos: Hot Plate Brewing Co. to open Thursday
- Photos: Last day of shows at Movieplex 8 in North Adams
- Photos: Pittsfield boys basketball beats Wahconah in overtime
- Photos: Three Sisters Harvest Cafe opens at Great Barrington VFW
- Photos: Jason Ennis and Natalia Bernal play at Dottie's Coffee Lounge's weekly Domingo Brunch
- Photos: Lenox vs Drury girls basketball
- Photos: West Street pedestrian accident
- Photos: Valentines for North Adams during Mass MoCA's free day
- Photos: Today in History for Feb. 1
WILLIAMSTOWN — Tacked to a door frame just inside an enclosed porch here is a metal frame that holds a thermometer. It’s a promotional gift be…
Thank goodness Speaker Kevin McCarthy has created a House subcommittee on the weaponization of the federal government!
Who was that fellow running down this lonesome stretch of road? Haven’t I seen him before, in Windsor, perhaps, during a snowstorm? Or was it in Savoy, when he emerged through a wintry fog?
The death of the pope emeritus, Benedict XVI, was succeeded by a small literary outpouring, a rush of publications that were interpreted as salvos in the Catholic Church’s civil war.
BOSTON — Massachusetts sports fans who want to wager on their favorite teams are finally getting their chance as the state kicks off sports be…
In some of his first public remarks since Gov. Maura Healey made him state education secretary, Patrick Tutwiler said his plan for tackling challenges in Massachusetts' education system is to "stabilize, heal, transform" — then "rethink" what school is and what it could be.
The Great Barrington Rotary Club's 2023 scholarship applications are available. Scholarships are due electronically by April 15.
CNN political analyst and author Julian E. Zelizer will discuss his latest book, "Myth America: Historians Take on the Biggest Legends and Lies About Our Past," at 3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 4, at the Stockbridge Library.
The Clark Art Institute's Fun on First Sundays program on Feb. 5 will focus on the weather. Also on Sunday, Bill Nace and Matt Krefting will perform a concert on the heels of their new LP release, "The Academy." Concert tickets are required.
Boston Symphony Music Director Andris Nelsons will conduct at 11 performances by the orchestra and the Tanglewood Music Center players during the orchestra's 85th summer season at Tanglewood. The 2023 summer season includes the Tanglewood debut of legendary rocker Robert Plant, as well as performances by Alison Kraus, James Taylor, the Steve Miller Band, Train, Yo-Yo Ma, Emanuel Ax, John Williams and more.
This week, columnist Thom Smith dispels the myth that all bears hibernate in winter and helps readers identify birds visiting their backyards.
Grandma would tell me there was a right way, a technique, a method that could be carried from one recipe to the next. My child self wanted fast, easy, make‘em, bake‘em and eat‘em.
Barrington Stage's 2023 season includes a host of familiar faces and productions of "Cabaret," "Blues for an Alabama Sky," "A New Brain," "The Happiest Man on Earth," "tiny father" and "Faith Healer."
The much anticipated Hot Plate Brewery opens Thursday afternoon. The Berkshire Eagle paid the brewery a visit for a preview of customers can expect from Pittsfield's newest downtown addition.
Pittsfield's Grace Ungewitter and Monument Mountain's Kitson Stover swept two races at Bousquet Monday night. The Spartans girls picked up two more team wins as well.
Olivia Gamberoni had 24 points as the Warriors doubled up Holyoke. Seamus Barnes had a big fourth quarter for the Mounties, and the McCann Tech girls hung with Pope Francis on Tuesday.
Hoosac Valley fell behind early and wasn't able to make up the deficit to beat Springfield International.
The North Adams SteepleCats will open the 2023 NECBL season on Wednesday, June 7, at Joe Wolfe Field against the Valley Blue Sox.