"I'm ready for this," Macksey said. "I'm in the chair. And we've got lots of work to do."
One of Dalton’s civic crossroads — its transfer station — may become even more social, if a plan advances to put the place fully under town control.
At what was intended to be the proposal’s first airing before town officials, the attorney representing the proposed Heirloom Lodge in West Stockbridge instead asked for a postponement of the proceedings until Feb. 10
The Massachusetts unemployment rate in December plunged beneath 4 percent and state officials on Friday said employers have added back 537,000 jobs since employment levels bottomed out in April 2020.
After days of work, crews found and repaired a gas leak they had been searching for on West Main Street in North Adams.
The Great Barrington Select Board has unanimously agreed to put out a request for proposals to redevelop the former Housatonic School.
TODAY'S TOP HEADLINES
- A Pittsfield man who was pulled from a burning car Wednesday has died
- He used to own the Olde Heritage Tavern in Lenox. Now he's set to buy Patrick's Pub in Pittsfield
- The Checkup: 283 new daily COVID-19 cases reported, and one new death, in Berkshire County
- Facing the loss of its exhibit space, the North Adams Museum of History and Science will close indefinitely
- Police say a man stole cash and credit cards from a Lenox inn, then went on a spending spree
- Pittsfield man charged in domestic violence case released with conditions
- AG says state law preempts attempt in Lee to block proposed PCB dump
- Gravely injured man pulled from burning vehicle parked outside Pittsfield apartment
- Hoosac Valley girls escape Dalton with gritty win over Wahconah
- A Lee School Committee member has been named to lead a statewide school board organization
- Photos: Three-car fire in Pittsfield parking lot Wednesday morning
- Photos: Pittsfield boys basketball hosts Minnechaug
- A look back at Tanglewood as we look forward to this summer's season announcement
- Photos: Wahconah-Hoosac Girls Basketball
- Days Gone By: Images of legendary Berkshire snowstorms from The Eagle's Archive
- Photos: Taconic boys basketball plays at Wahconah
- Photos: Meet Teddy, the new poodle at Morris Elementary School
- Photos: McCann Tech boys basketball hosts Smith Academy
- Photos: VFW Post 448 presents donation to Jewish Family Services of Berkshire County to benefit Afghan Resettlement Program
- Days Gone By: Images of Tanglewood, 1934 to 1939, from The Eagle's Archives
When it comes to the prospect of rail projects that could better connect the commonwealth, we are optimistic. We have to be. For underserved r…
Thanks to our new love of stretchy pants and staying home, Americans are showering less than usual. Columnist Donald Morrison explains why it isn't such a bad thing.
Most Americans believe that most politicians are corrupt. How depressing — not to mention how terrible for the health of democracy. After all,…
WILLIAMSTOWN — A recent visit to a favorite grocery store got off to an unsettling start last week when one of the first sights to greet this …
Attorney General Maura Healey’s entrance Thursday into the gubernatorial field not only shakes up that race, but sets the stage for a wide-ope…
EAST BOSTON — A new chapter in the race for governor began Thursday with Attorney General Maura Healey launching her campaign under dark, wint…
BOSTON (AP) — The more than 40 inpatient beds at Boston's Tufts Children's Hospital will be converted to much-needed ICU and medical/surgical …
Drury High School has announced its honor roll for the first quarter of the 2021-2022 school year.
Berkshire Music School is registering for its 2022 winter season of community group classes and private lessons.
In "Horizon Within" a new show at Carrie Chen Gallery, artists Arlene Santana Thornton, Julie Shapiro and Sandra Harper exhibit recent works which call attention to each artists' practice of meeting their subjective internal experience with the landscape that inspires them.
"Horizon Within" opens at the 16 Railroad St. gallery on Saturday, Jan. 22 and runs through Feb. 27. A public reception will be held, 3 to 5 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 29
The 11th annual New Play Festival, part of the 2022 10X10 Upstreet Arts Festival will return to the Boyd-Quinson Stage, 30 Union St., Feb. 24 to March 13 with in-person performances. Tickets are now on sale.
The Boston Symphony’s summer home returns to the “old normal” this summer after a 2020 pandemic wipeout and a condensed six-week 2021 season.
The town of Adams has been pitched a new cannabis business, this time at 44 Spring St. Eric Cromwell, of Longmeadow, and Sacha Wing, of Wilbraham, want to open Berk’s Greens for retail, cultivation and manufacturing.
A decade later, Berkshire County is still seeing that a home run doesn't have to necessarily leave The Infield.
The 2022 NECBL season will open in North Adams on Tuesday, June 7.
Toby Gaulden-Wheeler scored nine points in the fourth quarter to bring PHS back from behind to beat the Falcons on Thursday night.
The Drury, Mount Everett and McCann Tech boys basketball teams all earned wins on Thursday night.