Emergency personnel from 33 local and regional units held a mass casualty simulation drill Saturday morning at Garnet Peak in Peru.
The future of the theater is still unclear, but the marquee will be getting a boost.
A power outage caused by an equipment failure caused almost 1,000 Eversource customers in Pittsfield to lose power for a short time on Saturday.
Looking for relief from the hot temperatures this weekend? Check out these splash pads and 12 places to get ice cream or fro-yo.
Why, we asked three local experts, did Berkshire County find its way this week nearly to the top of a national list for highest rates of COVID-19 by population? It’s because, they said.
It’s time for a first lakeside dip or a day trip to the seashore where it will be cooler.
TODAY'S TOP HEADLINES
- A man goes missing in Connecticut, and his car is found burning in New York state. Why was the FBI searching for his body in Sheffield?
- The owner of a Great Barrington convenience store was denied the town's last liquor license. Now he plans to sue
- Lee: Turnpike on-ramp closing for repairs
- Gathered in the woods, emergency response units hold mass casualty incident drill at Garnet Peak
- Equipment failure causes short power outage in Pittsfield
- 'He was crying.' Luis Delvalle-Rodriguez said he killed someone the night of Nick Carnevale's shooting, his former girlfriend testifies
- Retired police chief Rick Wilcox saved this man's life in Vietnam 51 years ago. He recently found Wilcox so he could thank him
- Dusty Lopez wins Steel Rail Half-Marathon, Derek Grout wins Marathon, both in their first attempts
- Pittsfield has released new conceptual designs for a revived Pontoosuc Lake Park. So far, people like what they see
- Neighbors wanted to limit public use of a Richmond hiking preserve. Town residents voted resoundingly to keep the land open
- Photos: Lenox High School prom 2022 at The Mount
- Photos: Steel Rail Marathon, Half Marathon and 8K Races
- Photos: Girls Western Mass Track and Field Championships
- Photos: Mount Greylock summit roads open for season
- Photos: Mount Everett Regional School Junior and Senior prom 2022 at Crissey Farm in Great Barrington
- Photos: Third Thursday returns to new location at The Common
- Photos: Today in History for May 22
- Photos: Drury High School's senior prom 2022
- Photos: A classical serenade at the splash pad at Clapp Park
- Photos: Pittsfield Babe Ruth opening day and 70th anniversary ceremony
Celebrate the Class of 2022
When I was young, my family stayed summers in a cottage on Long Island Sound in Clinton, Conn. Although I of course was oblivious, all about u…
Watching American politicians and judges wrestle with the social and political dangers posed by the internet is a bit like watching my cats ch…
As Russia bombs Ukraine’s railroad network, Moscow knows what will come down the tracks this summer: $54 billion in U.S. aid to Ukraine. Appro…
Isolation in response to COVID-19 saw increased rates of sexual violence. Here's how organizations in the state are responding to it.
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) — Massachusetts Republicans held their state party convention on Saturday as they wrestle with how far to the right th…
BOSTON — The Senate is looking to pass a new policy-heavy climate bill that aims to achieve the net-zero emissions target by 2050. But, while …
A bill that would allows undocumented immigrants to obtain Massachusetts driver's licenses could reach Gov. Charlie Baker's desk as soon as next week after legislative negotiators struck a quick deal Thursday.
Singer-songwriter and multiple Grammy Award-winner James Taylor will give the commencement address at New England Conservatory on Sunday, May 22, at NEC’s Jordan Hall in Boston.
Author Dennis Pregent will be signing copies of his latest book, "Born in the Berkshires," on Thursday, May 26, at the Adams Free Library.
The Literacy Network of South Berkshire and the Stockbridge Library announce the launch of a new lecture series, "Community Conversations." The series is open to all and the content will be organized and delivered in a way to be accessible to community members whose first language is not English.
The Harry Conklin Fund for Farmsteads, a project of the Berkshire Community Land Trust, is hosting a fundraiser concert series this summer to help save Berkshire farmland and find a new home for Comstock and Colfax Farm.
Memorial Day Weekend, the Paradise City Arts Festival returns to the Three County Fairgrounds for its annual spring show with 200 artists and master craft makers from 15 states.
Five contemporary playwrights — a few more if you fold in Shakespeare & Company’s new Plays in Process series — will be sharing Shakespeare & Company’s two indoor and two outdoor stages with two plays by the Bard of Avon.
Nicole "Nikki" Dimitropolis left nursing school to become a hair stylist and has no regrets.
PITTSFIELD — Back in its normal May time slot, the 2022 Steel Rail Races were beset by unseasonably hot and humid conditions for the third wee…
Hoosac got seven points from Lauren Davis in a road win, while the Generals were led by Julia Kastrinakis' six goals in a Senior Night victory.
Did you miss spring? Well, go farther north or climb higher, such as onto the Hoosac plateau. Specifically, try a section of the Mohican-Mohawk Trail.
Gene Chague gets into the new funding from a license plate, Berkshire Beagle Club competition and a ground-breaking agreement between the DFG and Army Corps of Engineers.