The Eagle’s new printing press is now in full operation, following an installation this fall that Fred Rutberg has described as akin to “a complicated military maneuver.”
The Toys For Tots campaign in Berkshire County is in the homestretch, with hundreds of people donating new, unwrapped toys at drop boxes stationed at 150 locations throughout the county. Berkshire coordinator Christopher Keegan says the need has tripled in the seven years he has overseen the holiday charity. The toy drive lasts through Christmas Eve.
After a staff exodus from Town Hall, a batch of new employees arrives in Sandisfield and new practices are installed.
A hazardous spill from a truck transporting aluminum sulfate that started in North Adams and ended in Pownal, Vt. shut down part of Route 7 near the Stewart's Shops convenience store just north of the Williamstown border early Saturday morning.
A water main break on Crofut Street in Pittsfield prompted a quick response from the city's Water Department on Saturday.
Jacob Ferry, 27, of Pittsfield, is facing firearms charges following a foot-pursuit with police this week. He was ordered held without the right to bail on Friday.
TODAY'S TOP HEADLINES
- Great Barrington doctor visited by FBI billed Medicare for more skin biopsies than any U.S. dermatologist
- Route 7 reopened after truck transporting aluminum sulfate leaked material
- Lenox brewpub proposal gets intense scrutiny
- A Pittsfield man was shot to death in Northampton, and a Springfield man has been charged with murder
- These Pittsfield office jobs pay $23 to $30 an hour. They remain unfilled
- Here's the correct way to light a menorah
- Pittsfield man held without bail on gun charges
- At 28, Bitcoin tycoon Ryan Salame owns nearly half the full-service restaurants in Lenox
- Illinois man acquitted of indecent assault charge after trial
- Greylock Glen project faces one more climb: a $2.3 million funding gap
- Photos: Museum of the Moon brings the moon inside the walls of the Berkshire Museum
- Photos: Bike lane markers in Pittsfield are worse for wear after weekend snowfall
- Photos: Holiday display in Williams Shop and Goff's Sports
- Photos: Wahconah football plays in state championship game at Gillette Stadium
- Photos: Jason Sefton pleads guilty to second degree murder in 2018 stabbing death of William Catalano
- Photos: Today in History for Dec. 4
- Photos: School enrollment
- Photos: Wahconah football's final practice before state championship game
- Photos: Hanukkah Menorah Lighting in North Adams
- Photos: Pittsfield's largest snowblower
Pipe dreams aside, today I’d like to take a look at ananyms and anadromes. Ananyms are backward names; anadromes are backward words.
Holiday season scams will be closely followed by winter scams, followed by Valentine’s Day scams. Entering December brings a renewed effort by scammers.
Russia’s coat of arms features a double-headed eagle — a fierce bird of prey that simultaneously looks West and East. Ukrainians lampoon this …
Recently, while driving from Great Barrington to Stockbridge, another car went to pass me. I was in the narrow stretch heading north after pas…
BOSTON (AP) — Massachusetts congresswoman Ayanna Pressley is upset that her beloved Mariah Carey Christmas album has gone missing, but she nee…
Phil Saviano was a clergy sex abuse survivor whose courage to go public and resolve to hold abusers and their enablers accountable inspired an…
NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (AP) — DNA recovered from the interior of a conch shell thought to have been used as a weapon in the 2001 killing of a Mass…
A passenger rail link between Boston and Western Massachusetts is "one of the most essential infrastructure investments we anticipate making" now that a federal infrastructure package has been signed into law, U.S. Rep. Richard Neal, D-Springfield, said Thursday.
Dalton United Methodist Church, 755 Main St., will sell Christmas cookie platters this holiday season as a church fundraiser. Order deadline is Dec. 11.
The Pittsfield High School Orchestra will perform its holiday concert at 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 9, at St. Mark Church, 400 West St.
The Great Barrington Historical Commission is hosting a book launch and book signing party for “Great Barrington Here & Gone” by local historian Bernard A. Drew at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 10, at Saint James Place.
Arts and Culture
More than 18 months after closing, Gramercy Bistro is back. Chef/owner Alexander "Sandy" Smith reopened the restaurant on Oct. 21 in a new Williamstown location — at the corner of Water and Main streets, a space once occupied by the former Hops & Vines restaurant.
Mahaiwe audiences are in for a treat when comediennes Jane Lynch and Kate Flannery bring their cabaret-style show “A Swingin’ Little Christmas” to town on Friday, Dec. 10, for an evening of tight harmonies and high jinks.
Berkshire Theatre Group's production of "Irving Berlin's White Christmas: The Musical" at the Colonial Theatre begins with previews Dec. 2-3 and runs through Dec. 23.
Viewer's Discretion columnist John Seven recommends two French series this time around, "Mythomaniac" on Netflix and "He Even Has Your Eyes" on Topic.
Sandisfield native Ryan Salame, a cryptocurrency CEO based in the Bahamas, has invested about $5 million into the Lenox dining scene under the umbrella of Lenox Eats.
Head coach Matt McCall's 100th career victory on the sidelines came as UMass turned a 17-point deficit into a 10-point win over Harvard on Saturday in Amherst.
After Don Brown's introductory press conference this week at UMass, columnist Howard Herman looks deeper at the new, old coach's first impressions and gets the take from a local high school coach familiar with Brown's style.
The spirit of legendary Williams College ski coach Ralph Townsend lives on during columnist Lauren R. Stevens' hike through the old Berlin Mountain Ski Area.
In Episode 5 of the podcast "Sully," Dominic Dastoli speaks with golf pros, Wyantenuck members and friends of Tom Sullivan, who detail the unrelenting generosity and kindness of Sully. Whether you were an opponent, student or friend of a friend, Sully had the time to help you get right on and off the golf course.