In the aftermath of last summer’s windstorm damage at Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary, Mass Audubon gains $200,000 in federal relief money toward an $800,000 to $1 million restoration project.
At the start of the new year, there are a ton of books out there to help start and guide you on your journey. Here are three recently released books aimed at helping you create a "healthier you" by encouraging acts of gratitude, self-healing and self-care.
Gaming revenues were up across the board last month as Plainridge Park Casino, MGM Springfield and Encore Boston Harbor together generated nearly $100 million in revenue of which about $26.5 million is due to the state
Representatives from Bridge City Cultivation told the Community Development Board Tuesday night that they plan to repurpose an industrial building in northeast Pittsfield into a new cannabis cultivation operation.
Gerrit Blauvelt complained to the state that he has not gotten meeting minutes for the City of North Adams Airport Commission he asked for more than a year ago. With years of missing minutes, the commission said it's working on it.
Driving instructors on Tuesday offered mixed opinions over whether Massachusetts should allow the classroom portion of the state's required driver's education to be offered online.
TODAY'S TOP HEADLINES
- Tired of eating boiled, broiled, roasted or deep-fried Brussels sprouts? Shake things up with a ginger and cream sauce
- Man injured, dog killed in shooting Sunday at Woodlawn Avenue home in Pittsfield
- Petitioners call for Pittsfield to remove North Street bike lanes. City officials say they're still studying the project
- Eager buyers snap up limited supply of Berkshire homes. Now, the taxman adjusts the values upward and the bills bite
- DA Harrington backs indicted Baltimore prosecutor; likely challenger questions commitment to Berkshire County
- New Pittsfield Taco Bell restaurant opening on Wednesday
- A new cannabis cultivation company plans to bring at least 60 new jobs to Pittsfield
- Berkshire County animal shelters benefit from the Betty White Challenge
- Girls Basketball: Lee, Pittsfield, Hoosac Valley, Mount Greylock all pick up wins on busy Tuesday night
- The Checkup: 1,027 new COVID-19 cases over long weekend in Berkshires
- Days Gone By: Images of legendary Berkshire snowstorms from The Eagle's Archive
- Photos: McCann Tech girls host Southwick
- Photos: Hoosac Valley boys basketball at Mount Greylock
- Photos: Snowstorm brings mixed precipitation to region
- Days Gone By: Images of the Jug End Resort from The Eagle's Archives
- 10 slowcooker recipes for cold nights
- Photos: Today in History for Dec. 31
- Photos: White-tailed deer
- Photos: Mount Everett wrestles at Mount Greylock
- Photos: Today in History for Jan. 17
WILLIAMSTOWN — A recent visit to a favorite grocery store got off to an unsettling start last week when one of the first sights to greet this …
“I’ve been on the phone with directors who are just ready to cry.”
As we face yet another long season of worldwide pandemic, here’s a list of helpful suggestions on how you can weather the winter.
Joe Biden was Barack Obama’s vice president. His Treasury secretary, Janet Yellen, was Obama’s pick to lead the Federal Reserve. The director …
The Massachusetts Legislature’s Criminal Justice Reform Caucus will hold a Wednesday briefing on legislation that would make phone, video and other electronic communications free in jails and prisons.
Driving instructors on Tuesday offered mixed opinions over whether Massachusetts should allow the classroom portion of the state's required dr…
New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu harshly criticized a Massachusetts court on Tuesday for placing Harmony Montgomery, missing since 2019 at age …
I have continued my quest to clean out the freezer. It led to a pork shoulder I had stashed away in hopes that it could be used in the smoker. That's not happening, so I decided to make a standby recipe that can feed the family for days. I can always buy a new pork butt when the mercury rises above freezing again.
The three annual Berkshire County bird counts find 70-plus species in the area.
Wondering to do with all of those Brussels sprouts that are around?
Yes, you can deep-fry them, roast them, boil them with butter or just avoid them. But have you tried them with a ginger and cream sauce?
Investigating a serial killer became "a serial obsession" for Josh Hallmark, the host of True Crime Bullsh** and a North Adams resident.
Shire Donuts' homemade doughnuts have been such a hit in Adams that owners Heather and Jeff King are planning to open a second store, in Dalton.
Emma Puleri had 20 points to lead Lee, Randy Duquette had 23 to lead PHS, Averie McGrath had 26 to lead Hoosac Valley, and the Mount Greylock girls shutout Ludlow in a quarter, as all four teams won games Tuesday night.
PHS returned across state lines with a big win. Meanwhile, the Drury and Lee boys played for the first time in 2022, with the Blue Devils running away with it.
The McCann Tech girls, competing after four postponements in roughly a week, ran out of gas in a loss to the Rams.
The Hurricanes forced 26 turnovers on Monday night at Mount Greylock, turning the game into a track meet in which Carson Meczywor scored 26 points to lead Hoosac Valley to victory.