More than 25 volunteers from Berkshire Gas Co. and Wayfair, above and below, lent a hand Friday to Central Berkshire Habitat for Humanity at the new Gordon-Deming Village at 52-62 Gordon St. in Pittsfield. The three-building complex will feature six town houses. Allegrone Cos. is overseeing construction on the project, and Habitat still is accepting applications for five of the six units.
TODAY'S TOP HEADLINES
- Pittsfield nursing home cited for abuse for leaving residents lying in waste, ignoring call lights
- Man charged with assault to murder after allegedly trying to run over 69-year-old woman in stolen car
- Brought together by a common tragedy, these spinal injury survivors find hope, friendship and a new outlook
- Four Pittsfield postal employees test positive for COVID; city laments 'lack of cooperation'
- Are Pittsfield Public Schools 'in chaos' with in-school fighting? We look at the data ...
- Pittsfield football keeps trucking along with statement win at South Hadley
- Wahconah football stays perfect, rolls past Amherst 43-8
- Adams Police seeking help locating missing woman
- He spotted vandalism on the Appalachian Trail last week. Meet Cosmo Catalano, a volunteer who helps safeguard the trail in the northern Berkshires.
- Groundbreaking for Great Barrington's next affordable housing project expected in November
- Photos: Take a tour of the new Wahconah Regional High School as students and teachers begin classes
- Photos: Taconic football beats Chicopee on the road
- Photos: Bousquet
- Bousquet Mountain through the years
- A look back at skiing in the Berkshires
- Photos: Monthly Slime Club at the Berkshire Athenaeum
- Photos: A look back at Woody's Roadhouse
- Photos: Renovated lodge at Bousquet Mountain
- Photos: Today in History for Oct. 16
- Photos: Piles of carved pumpkins await you at the Incredible Naumkeag Pumpkin Show