Holmesdale was established as a summer home by poet Oliver Wendell Holmes in 1847. At the time, the estate, known as Canoe Meadows, comprised of 217 acres and included 3 farm houses and a small cottage. In 1872, John A. Kernochan purchased the estate and renamed it Holmesdale. In 1928, the estate, seen here, was owned by Donald M. Weston.
Our photos make great mementos and gifts. Visit our SmugMug gallery to purchase these photos in a variety of sizes and formats.