Check out these historic scenes from Cummington and West Cummington, in this week's Day's Gone By.
Old Covered Bridge over the Westfield River, Cummington
Berkshire Trail, Cummington, from a postcard
Bill Sear's Meats and Groceries and Post Office, Cummington, August 1957
Cummington Community House
Cummington Congregational Church, built in 1838, July 27, 1939
Deer Hill House, 1929
Deer Hill House, 1974
Deer Hill House, West Cummington, May 1945
Deer Hill Reservation, March 6, 1929
Deer Hill, undated
Earl Goodnow's house
Main Street, West Cummington, undated
200-year-old Kingman Tavern, July 22, 1972.
Old boarding house. Photo taken by C. S. Hayward
Old Mill at Paper Mill Village, West Cummington (demolished)
Oldest house in Paper Mill Village, build circa 1800
Paper Mill Village in West Cummington.
Playhouse-in-the-Hills, Paper Mill Village, West Cummington.
Playhouse-in-the-Hills, Paper Mill Village, West Cummington
Post Office and General Store, West Cummington, undated
Postcard of Cummington.
Store and hotel at West Cummington.
Swift River Inn, Cummington.
The Cummington School, student Norman Harms and teacher Sandro Giampetro, Aug. 20, 1940
The Cummington School, student Sue Sherman, Aug. 20, 1940
The West Cummington Post Office and stage
Tod Morden Steak House, Cummington
View from the porch of the Tod Morden Steak House, Cummington
W. J. Starks, Deer Hill, West Cummington
William Cullen Bryant homestead, Cummington, August 1965
William Cullen Bryant Homestead, undated. The homestead was bequeathed to the Massachusetts Historical Society and dedicated on Aug. 24, 1929
Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.