Built by Major Hugh Smiley in 1928 as Fenton Brook Farm to raise cows, the farm was converted into the Guilder Hollow Club in the mid-30s, a venue for winter sports. The resort was later sold to Robert Lexow of Texas and became Jug End, a resort popular with the singles crowd through the 60s, before falling to bankruptcy and auction in 1985. Much of the 1,158 acre property currently makes up the Jug End State Reservation & Wildlife Management Area

To purchase these photos, visit SmugMug.com