The Fourth of July will be celebrated Monday with fireworks, parades and other observances.
• Fireworks following 8 p.m. James Taylor concert at Tanglewood
• Fireworks at approximately 9:30 p.m. following 6 p.m. SteepleCats game at Joe Wolfe Field, 310 State St.
• Reading of Frederick Douglass’ speech, “What to the Slave is the Fourth of July?” 10 a.m., Shaw Memorial Library, 312 Main St.
• Independence Day 5K Run starting at 9:15 a.m. on Wahconah Street near Mohawk Street; $18, $15 ages 16 and under, online registration required by noon Sunday, July 3, at tinyurl.com/bhsrace.
• Fourth of July Parade, “Back with a Bang,” 10 a.m. Monday, July 4, in downtown Pittsfield.
• Laser light show following 6:30 p.m. Pittsfield Sun’s game at Wahconah Park.
• Race for Independence 5K Fun Run, 8 a.m., Chapin Lawn
• Hometown Parade, 11 a.m., Southworth Street to Main Street to Spring Street
• Community cookout, noon, at The Williams Inn
• Capital Brass concert, noon, Post Office steps
• Williamstown Theatre Festival brings the founding documents to life, 1:30 p.m., Williams College quad in front of Stetson Hall
• Fireworks at 9 p.m. at Taconic Golf Club, grounds open at 6 p.m. with barbecue available.