(BPT) - There’s nothing better than gathering with friends and family for outdoor meals. As the weather heats up and you crave the flavor of grilled burgers, you’re probably looking for ways to make your cookouts better — and easier — so you can enjoy hosting again.
Here's how to amp up flavor and convenience this grilling season.
1. Use tasty burgers
Save tons of time and maximize flavor with good quality burgers like BUBBA burgers, America’s #1 branded frozen burger, offering several varieties to satisfy any taste.
The best part? BUBBA burgers go from frozen to hot and ready in about 10-12 minutes, with exciting varieties like Sweet Onion, Bacon Cheddar and Grass-Fed burgers, plus their newest beef variety: Jalapeño Cheddar. You can also choose from four veggie burgers, ranging from Latin Grill to Brown Rice and Beans with Beets, as well as three delicious Turkey burger varieties.
Find BUBBA burgers at a retailer near you at BubbaFoods.com.
2. Prep sides ahead
When planning cookouts, set yourself up for success (and less stress) by prepping ahead. Easy options include:
- Potato salad: Boil potatoes and refrigerate ahead, then cut and mix with other ingredients on barbecue day.
- Beans and greens: Whatever combo of baked beans and cooked greens you enjoy, cook greens ahead (since they can take longer), then use a slow cooker to warm them up that day.
- Mac and cheese: While this side is easy to prep, keep toppings like toasted bread crumbs crispy by not adding until right before serving.
- Fruit or veggie salads: Wash and dry ingredients thoroughly, then refrigerate separately — without dressing. For salad greens/veggies, line containers with paper towels to reduce wilting. For fruit, a little lemon juice helps prevent browning.
3. Try new recipes
Use BUBBA burger’s classic Angus variety in this spicy burger with a guacamole twist:
Serves: 4; Total time: 20 minutes
1 box BUBBA burger® Angus
2 tablespoons seasoning salt, divided
2 large avocados
4 tablespoons diced red onion
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1 package burger buns
1 head lettuce
4 tablespoons cornstarch
6 tablespoons canola or grapeseed oil
- Prep ingredients: Preheat grill or skillet to medium heat. Slice 3 jalapeños into thin rounds, reserving the other for guacamole. In small mixing bowl, combine cornstarch with 2 teaspoons seasoning salt. Add sliced jalapeños and toss to coat in dry mixture. For guacamole, finely dice 1 jalapeño, chopped red onion and cilantro.
- Grill time: Place frozen BUBBA burgers Angus directly on grill grates or in cast-iron pan if cooking on stovetop. Cook according to package directions, turning once juices appear on top and internal temperature is 161° F. Season each burger with 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt.
- Fry jalapeños: While burgers cook, fry jalapeño rounds in skillet with canola oil until light golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes. Remove using tongs or slotted spoon and drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Make guacamole: Carefully remove pits from avocados using knife. Peel and chop avocados into 1/4-inch pieces and place in small mixing bowl. Add diced red onion, chopped cilantro, up to 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, remaining finely diced jalapeño and squeeze of fresh lime juice. Combine and mash mixture to desired texture.
- Plate and enjoy: If desired, toast burger buns on grill or in pan. Place each bottom bun onto serving platter or dish. Add some guacamole to each bottom bun, followed by leaf of crisp green lettuce. Add cooked BUBBA burgers Angus, additional guacamole and top with a few fried jalapeños. Finish with top buns.
Explore more recipes for endless, simple meal possibilities at BubbaFoods.com/all-things-bubba/#recipes.
4. Create a burger bar
Make serving a crowd easier by letting everyone build their own burgers.
- Set out burger fixings: Provide plenty of tasty options for everyone to top their burgers the way they like them.
- Think small: Offer smaller-sized containers of favorite condiments for ease-of-use outside.
- Spice it up: Create spice mixes, like barbecue seasoning, Cajun or creole blends, for guests to enhance their dishes.
With these tips, you'll be ready for great flavor and tons of barbecue fun all season long.