Cantilena Chamber Choir performing at Naumkeag
STOCKBRIDGE — The Cantilena Chamber Choir will present a concert 4 p.m. Sunday in the Chinese garden at Naumkeag, the Trustees property at 5 Prospect Hill Road.
The 24-voice ensemble will perform music by Bach, Chesnokov, Victoria, Barber, Copland, Erb and spiritual selections from the choir's Martin Luther King concert series — "our best music from the past few seasons," founding director Andrea Goodman said in a statement.
Attendance is limited to no more than 35 via online ticket purchases at cantilenachoir.org, Purchasers will be sent further instructions on concert attendance (seating, parking, etc.) immediately following each sale.
"(We are) taking precautions to limit the risk as much as within its power and requests the cooperation of the audience in these preventative measures, so that we can again enjoy live music and support musicians in our community," Goodman said.
The precautions include:
- Audience members will be required to wear masks, as will staff and musicians when not performing.
- Bathrooms will not be available as Naumkeag closes at 4.
- Chairs will have at least six feet between individual or family pairs. To maximize social distancing, seating will be assigned by the presenters with flags on the lawn.
- All seats have a clear view of the stage and allow a minimum of six feet between individuals or household groups of two.
- The distance from the performers is at least 25 feet or more.
Additional important instructions and concert programs will be provided by email.
Complete information is available by phone at 518-791-0185 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.