Celebrate the Fourth of July: Fireworks, event times today in the Berkshires
Catch fireworks tonight at one of these area celebrations or cheer on your neighbors at the parades:
- Shakespeare & Company's Annual Fourth of July Community Celebration "We Hold These Truths," with music, children's crafts and activities, and a public reading of The Declaration of Independence, 1:30 to 5 p.m., 70 Kemble St., Lenox.
- Fireworks display after 8 p.m. James Taylor concert at Tanglewood.
- An evening of all-American fun, the annual Fourth of July SteepleCats game and fireworks, which start immediately afterward, at approximately 9:30 p.m. tonight, Joe Wolfe Field, 310 State St., North Adams.
- Annual parade, theme: "The Berkshires - Past, Present and Future," kicks off at 10 a.m., today.
- Pittsfield Suns v. Nashua Silver Knights: 6:30 p.m.tonight, followed by Light Up the 4th Fireworks, 105 Wahconah St., Pittsfield.
- Salem Art and Plow Fest: annual festival celebrating agriculture and the arts, with an annual parade, arts and craft vendors and more, all day, parade at 5 p.m. today, Main Street, Salem, N.Y.
- Annual Williamtown Theatre Festival Reading: 1:30 p.m. today Williamstown Theater Festival actors read The Declaration of Independence and more. Gather on the library quad west of Williams College's Sawyer Library.
- Family activities on Spring Street: today, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., with an artisan market from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the Green, the Hometown Parade, 11 a.m. from Southworth Street to Spring Street, followed by the community barbecue and Capital Brass Concert. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m. at Taconic Golf Club.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.