Fire displaces Wellington Avenue resident in Pittsfield
PITTSFIELD — A Wellington Avenue resident was displaced Wednesday after a fire broke out in a second floor apartment, according to the Pittsfield Fire Department.
Firefighters responded to 64 Wellington Ave. at noon for reports of a structure fire with one resident still trapped inside. By the time they arrived, the resident already had exited the building, and firefighters extinguished the blaze, according to a report from the department.
Damages were limited to the apartment's living room, where "smoking materials" had been disposed carelessly, the report said.
The two other apartments in the three-family dwelling were not damaged, the report said.
Haven Orecchio-Egresitz can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, @HavenEagle on Twitter and 413-770-6977.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.