Mahaiwe, Colonial reschedule concerts
GREAT BARRINGTON — Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center has announced the cancellation and rescheduling of events previously slated for June and July.
The theater is closed to the public out of health and safety concerns during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Postponed events are:
- Madeleine Peyroux Trio, rescheduled to Friday, April 23, 2021;
- Hot Tuna with David Grisman's Dawg Trio, rescheduled to Monday, July 12, 2021;
- Alan Cumming & Ari Shapiro, "Och & Oy! A Considered Cabaret," rescheduled to Sunday, July 18, 2021.
Tickets purchased for previous concert dates are automatically valid for the new concert dates.
Canceled events include Puddles Pity Party, and Brubeck Brothers Quartet Celebrates Dave Brubeck's Centennial.
"As a year-round stage-and-screen presenter of varied content, the Mahaiwe continues to plan for a live season — now just a little further out on the horizon — at the same time that we use digital platforms and explore other options," acting executive director Janis Martinson said in a news release.
For ticket exchange credit, refunds, and the option to donate tickets to the theater, call the Mahaiwe box office at 413-528-0100. Box office hours are noon-4, Wednesday through Saturday. The box office is accessible via phone only.
RESCHEDULED DATES AT THE COLONIAL
PITTSFIELD — Meanwhile, Berkshire Theatre Group has announced rescheduled dates for events originally planned for this spring at The Colonial and The Garage, an intimate performing space in the Colonial lobby.
The shows and their new dates are:
- Comedy Garage: Tina Friml. Thursday, Sept. 10. The Garage
- Madelyn Gardner & The Happy Accidents. Friday, Sept. 18. The Garage
- Comedy Garage: Luke Mones. Thursday, Nov. 12. The Garage
- Berkshire Blues & Brews Fest. Thursday, Nov. 21. Colonial Theatre
- Irish Comedy Tour: Friday, March 19, 2021. Colonial Theatre
Complete ticket information is available online at berkshiretheatregroup.org or phone at 413-997-4444.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.