Pittsfield: BRTA schedule changes effective June 29
PITTSFIELD — The Berkshire Regional Transit Authority continues to implement modifications to transit services in response to customer feedback. Minor changes to the current regular bus schedules, effective June 29, include some new bus stop names and changes in arrival times for better customer connections between BRTA bus routes.
Copies of the new printed bus schedules will be available in the Intermodal Transportation Center, on the BRTA buses, or online at berkshireRTA.com. Look for the "Effective June 29, 2020" date for the latest version. The free smartphone mobile app, "RouteShout 2.0," is available from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
The following changes take effect June 29:
- Route 1, Pittsfield to North Adams: Weekday evening departures from ITC have been changed to 6:30 and 8:30 p.m. Weekday evening departures from Walmart, North Adams, have been changed to 7:30, 9:50 and 10:30 p.m.
- Route 2, Pittsfield to Lee via Lenox: Service has been added to Big Y, Lee, in both the outbound and inbound directions. Departures from Lee Premium Outlets have been changed to 30 minutes past the hour on both weekdays and Saturdays.
Arrival times at the ITC have been changed to 20 minutes past the hour on weekdays and Saturdays allowing customers to transfer at the ITC with other buses.
- Route 3, Williamstown to North Adams: Departure from Main Street, North Adams, has been amended to 12 minutes past the hour.
- Route 21, Lee to Great Barrington: Departures from Lee Premium Outlets have been changed to 30 minutes past the hour for both weekdays and Saturdays.
- Route 21X, Pittsfield to Great Barrington Express: Service has been added to the Barrington Plaza Price Chopper in both the Lee and Great Barrington directions.
- Route 34, North Adams Loop: Transfer is available with the Route 3 on Main Street, North Adams, at 12 minutes past the hour. Weekday evening service has been expanded between 7:30 and 10:30 p.m. Route 34 will connect with Route 1 at Walmart, North Adams, at 7:30 and 9:50 p.m. During the pilot period, Route 34 will service Brayton Hill and Greylock Apartments between 8:15 and 9:30 p.m.
- Routes 12 and 14 both have bus stop name changes.
- The following routes will not run until the fall: Route 3S Pittsfield to Williamstown; Route 21X Pittsfield express service to Great Barrington; Route 22 Great Barrington Circulator Loop.
All customers must wear a mask or face covering and must practice social distancing while onboard the BRTA vehicle.
Customers can follow the real time occupancy level on each BRTA vehicle through the "Where's my B-bus" link from the BRTA website.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.